Saturday, May 9, 2009

I should update!

I figured that I should probably update everyone to say that I'm in the process of locing my hair!

After wearing the kinky twists for about 6 weeks, I had an amazing conversation with a woman with absolutely incredible locs in my school's gym. They were amazing, and almost to her waist, and she swung them with such confidence and grace that I was awe inspired.

She looks at me, and says: "You know...the next step from kinky twists is to loc your hair!" and kind of giggled. I told her that at the time, I wasn't entirely ready to do so, considering that I have family with serious hang-ups about natural hair. But we kept talking about it, and that day, I went home and started a massive research on what to do, what not to do, if I should do it myself, etc. It was amazing! I was completely immersed in research for about a week that even my fiance was puzzled.

Anyways, I'm off to work on my art. I should update here some day with that stuff as well. :D

0 comments :